Cookies and Crème Brûlée
4 cups heavy cream
16 chocolate sandwich cookies
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300°F/150°C.
2. Separate sandwich cookies by gently twisting them apart. Put the cookies in one bowl and the filling in another.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, heat heavy cream and cream filling, whisking until the filling has melted but stopping just before boil.
4. Add vanilla and remove from heat. Cover and set aside.
5. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and ½ cup of sugar. Add the cream mixture a cup at a time, tempering the egg yolks until all incorporated.
6. Place ramekins on a baking pan and fill to the top with cream mixture.
7. In a ziplock bag, crush the cookies until fine, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the cookie crumbs over each ramekin.
8. Fill the pan with boiling water and bake for 45 minutes.
9. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
10. When set, add 2 teaspoons of sugar to the tops of the ramekins. Shake to make even, and broil or torch until the sugar is caramelized.
11. Crack and enjoy!
Check us out on Facebook! - facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Licensed via Warner Chappell Production Music Inc.
Made by BFMP www.buzzfeed.com/videoteam