Today Jenn Johns shows you how to make a gingerbread haunted house cake with candy corn cake layers hiding on the inside!
HALLOWEEN Videos Playlist: https://goo.gl/RHZzCo
THANKSGIVING Videos Playlist: https://goo.gl/w5iMx5
HOMEMADE PIES Videos Playlist: https://goo.gl/vjg0bA
BUY MY COOKBOOK: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?page_id=7366
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com
How to Make a Gingerbread Haunted House Cake with Candy Corn Cake Layers for Halloween
Ingredients and Materials:
• Gingerbread dough (http://youtu.be/kCduKbOlHKI
• Black sixlets (http://amzn.to/2eQXOvz
• Black Jimmies (http://amzn.to/2eDgkUa
• Black sanding sugar (http://amzn.to/2dvhhkg
• Black skull candy
• Black Chocolate (http://amzn.to/2eDgB9L
• White Chocolate (http://amzn.to/2evnLxb
• Candy Corn (http://amzn.to/2ervFeO
• Mallow pumpkins (http://amzn.to/2ervFeO
• Black licorice (http://amzn.to/2eDeMtu
• Hershey's chocolate bars (http://amzn.to/2eh7ik7
• Coffin Cutter (http://amzn.to/2eCYeAA
• Yellow hard candy (http://amzn.to/2erz7Gl
1. Roll out gingerbread dough and cut out house pieces: 4@ 4 1/2" x 5 1/4", 2@ 8" x 5, angled down to 3" at bottom. Remove "door" with a coffin cutter, remove windows with a square cutter. Create chimney with coffin cutter pieces.
2. Bake cookies in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes at 350F. Allow to cool completely (and harden if time permits).
3. Melt yellow hard candies in a preheated oven for 6-8 minutes. Once hardened and cooled, attach to the back of the windows using white chocolate. Once chocolate has hardened, turn the cookie back over and use thin strips of licorice to frame the window.
4. Using candy corn and melted white chocolate, cover the 2 halves of the roof with candy corn shingles.
5. Assemble the bottom part of the house by attaching the back and side with melted sugar. Attach the front and opposite side. Assemble the chimney. Use the melted sugar to glue the roof on the house.
6. Cover the chimney in black chocolate, then press into the sanding sugar. Do the same with the door. On the front of the door attach a chocolate skull and a door knob.
7 Dip the chimney in the sugar and attach to the roof.
8. Use black chocolate to attach black skulls to the eaves trough of the cake.
9. Pipe black spider webs with chocolate and cover in sanding sugar. Pipe 2 crosses with the chocolate as well.
10. Keep cake in fridge until you are ready to serve. It is best consumed within 2-3 days.
11. Let house harden.
Haunted House Candy Corn Cake:
Ingredients and Materials:
• Prepared 9"x13" vanilla cakes colored yellow, orange, white (https://youtu.be/XaNELscDtms
• Vanilla buttercream coloured black, grey, white, yello, orange (https://youtu.be/rjqOTM5icOE
• Black fondant (http://amzn.to/2eDhQFY
• Black chocolate (http://amzn.to/2eDgB9L
• Cookie crumbs
• Skeleton bone candies
• Tea lights (battery)
1. Stack cakes starting with yellow at the bottom, and cover in yellow buttercream. Place orange layer on top next, cover with orange buttercream and finish with white cake on the top.
2. Carve the edges of the cake round, making a cliff or rock shape. Reserve two of the corners and place on top for graves.
3. Cover entire cake with grey buttercream. Dab on white and black buttercreams all over the cake and smooth with a cake spatula.
4. On the top of the cake, place a small square of cookie crumbs and add pumpkins and bones. Insert the chocolate crosses into the grave humps.
5. Place tea lights on top of the cake where the house will go and place the house on top of the lights so that the windows glow. Attach the door with additional chocolate.