10 Things People Still Get Wrong About the Financial Crisis
Bloomberg, 14 September at 13:00
Barry Ritholtz is a Bloomberg Opinion columnist. He founded Ritholtz Wealth Management and was chief executive and director of equity research at FusionIQ, a quantitative research firm. He is the author of “Bailout Nation.” Read more opinion Follow ...
Post-Lehman Sins of Transmission and Omission
Wall Street Journal
Trade war seen among threats to US economic upturn
The 10-year hangover: How the long shadow of the global financial crisis endures
The Globe and Mail
Ten years after financial crisis: Is corporate debt the next bubble?
10 years ago, Lehman Brothers went bankrupt and triggered a recession. Could it happen again?
Lehman Brothers: When the financial crisis spun out of control
There Could be a Financial Crash Before End of Trump's First Term, Experts say, Citing Looming Debts
Newsweek, 23 September at 18:37
Financial experts are pointing to several ominous economic indicators including skyrocketing student loan and U.S. household debt that could predict a crash "worse than the Great Depression," according to a report in the New York Post. Goldman Sachs ...
Expert warns next economic downturn will 'be worse than the Great Depression'
AOL, 23 September at 18:32
Despite the strong state of the U.S. economy, some experts are issuing warnings about an impending downturn, with one saying it will be “worse than the Great Depression.” As Murray Gunn with Elliott Wave International, a financial forecasting firm
As trade war aid checks go out, farmers worry bailout won't be enough
Chicago Tribune, 23 September at 18:18
Farmers across the United States will soon begin receiving government checks as part of a billion-dollar bailout to buoy growers experiencing financial strain from President Donald Trump's trade disputes with China. But even those poised for big
Maine officials say getting lobsters stoned with marijuana before killing them is illegal
Fox News, 23 September at 18:15
Maine government officials are not down with getting lobsters baked before boiling them alive, and have declared the practice illegal after Charlotte Gill, owner of Charlotte's Legendary Lobster Pound, made headlines for her unusual pre-cooking methods.
Congress could make FAA boost size of seats, legroom on airplanes
USA TODAY, 23 September at 18:08
WASHINGTON – The Federal Aviation Administration would be required to set new minimum requirements for seats on airplanes under legislation to be considered in the House this week, possibly giving passengers a break from ever-shrinking legroom and ...
Why Hulu hangs in the balance of the $39 billion Comcast-Sky deal
CNBC, 23 September at 17:38
Now that Comcast has trumped Fox and Disney's bid to buy 61 percent of U.K. pay-TV company Sky, attention is turning to the other 39 percent — as well as streaming platform Hulu. The cable and entertainment giant outbid Fox, working in concert with ...
Companies Buy Earnings Gains by Buying Back Stock
Wall Street Journal, 23 September at 17:03
Companies' record stock repurchases this year are causing profits to appear stronger and fueling the stock market's record run. Created with Highcharts 6.0.4 Capital Returns Quarterly dividend and buyback spending for S&P 500 companies Source: S&P ...
The Tesla Model 3 key fob looks just like a Tesla Model 3
TechRadar, 23 September at 16:30
The Tesla Model 3 is usually operated via a smartphone app, with key cards available as backup, but it looks as though Tesla is bowing to customer pressure and bringing out a separate key fob for its cheapest line of cars – one that looks just like a
Maine investigates restaurant that gave lobsters marijuana
The Guardian, 23 September at 16:15
Restaurant owner says blowing smoke over lobsters is meant to lessen their suffering before they are dropped in boiling water. Associated Press in Southwest Harbor, Maine. Sun 23 Sep 2018 09.15 EDT. Share on Facebook · Share on Twitter · Share via ...
Analysts and experts are zeroing in on where they think Amazon's HQ2 will be
Business Insider, 23 September at 15:56
Amazon's highly anticipated announcement of where its second headquarters, or HQ2, will be is drawing closer. Industry insiders told Business Insider earlier this month that the new headquarters is likely to land in Northern Virginia.More specifically ...
More news for the topic